You know that wedding dress shopping is really different from finding your next pair of jeans.
You need to shop early (six months to a year is ideal!), you can't try on your size, the list goes on.
Below is a checklist with six things to bring to your appointment so you can find the dress of your dreams…
...and avoid three embarrassing mistakes (oops underwear, maidzillas, & the wrong mindset):
- Nude - colored underwear you don’t mind showing off. Bridal shop staff will help you try on dresses so skip the thong.
- A Strapless Bra. A supportive strapless or backless bra will help you feel comfortable in the changing room, in the dress AND so you can see the dress properly.
- Loving Loved Ones. Surround yourself with a few key people – your besties, your mom or sis, and anyone who needs to “sign off” on the dress. Got a big group? Call to see how many people the shop can comfortably accommodate.
- Your Something Blue, or any special items you are planning to wear on your big day (like family jewelry, your lucky shoes, etc.)
- Ideas & an Open Mind. Bring your dress Pinterest board or pics. Also try on styles the consultant suggests and be open to pleasant surprises :)
- Confidence & Joy. You are beautiful just the way you are. Your smile is the most important thing you wear on your big day. Have fun, relax & remember the bridal shop wants to help you find a dress you’ll look & feel amazing in.