What Makes Celia Grace Wedding Dresses Eco Friendly?
Celia Grace is continually working to reduce its environmental impact. Here's how:
- Celia Grace sources fabrics as close to our production sites as possible to minimize the carbon footprint from shipping
- Heirloom Eco Silks are hand woven in Cambodia and then sewn into dresses there
- We use natural fiber fabrics--rather than polyester--whenever possible
Eco Silks: Light-As-Air, Luscious, low-impact fabrics
- Mulberry trees grown without pesticides
- Silk worms raised without antibiotics
- Woven on traditional wooden looms that do not use electricity
- Only safe, non-toxic German dyes used
- Minimal water used in production
Business Practices. US-based sustainable practices include:
- Energy efficiency
- Using only recycled paper
- Recycling paper, ink, & more
- Using public transportation whenever possible
Product Life Cycle
- Celia Grace web site provides supports brides with donating or up-cycling a wedding gown after the wedding
- 2017 Collection includes several “lifelong” or convertible styles that we hope you will wear again after your wedding day.
- Eco Silk Life Cycle Analysis completed. Upstream & downstream analysis completed & actions taken.